Posted on: Monday 10 July, 2017
Have you got what it takes to get our books noticed? Know how to put together unmissable campaigns, pimp up copy and set social media buzzing? We're looking for someone who wants to take the next step in their marketing career to join us as our new Marketing Executive.
Watkins Media was founded nearly 125 years ago out of a passion to share wisdom and knowledge with the world. Today, we hold true to those values with our Watkins imprint which seeks to improve lives and inspire positive change. We also aim to help people eat well and live well with our Nourish list. This role will work across both imprints, giving you plenty of fantastic content and authors to work with.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
To plan and implement the marketing campaigns for the company’s products, ensuring optimum promotion and offering support to the sales team to smooth the selling of our products. Evaluate and test the efficiency for our brands and authors with new and emerging marketing trends to ensure that as much of our core audience as possible is targeted by our campaigns. You will cultivate relationships with our authors, retail partners and other brands to ensure that we make full use of all our connections to amplify our marketing messages.
• Plan and implement marketing campaigns for all our titles, including social media promotion, digital advertising, print advertising, third-party promotions, PPC etc
• Liaise with authors to ensure that they are updated on campaigns and that we are using their platforms and networks where applicable
• Brief and print all sales materials from sales sheets to catalogues
• Optimize online copy to ensure we are making the most of our metadata
• Work with the sales team on trade-facing communication and promotional campaigns
• Manage the marketing budget effectively – making every penny we spend have a strong ROI
• Must have at least 18 months’ experience in trade publishing, preferably with non-fiction books
• Have managed your own title campaigns
• Be a strong communicator, both verbally and digitally
• Have excellent copywriting skills
• Organised with an attention to detail and able to meet deadlines
• Good understanding of SEO, PPC and social media promotion
• Must be able to work with the G Suite package of programmes as well as MS Office
• Experience of using Adobe Indesign and Photoshop would be an advantage
In return for your hard work, we’ll give you opportunities to accelerate your development, plus you’ll work with a talented team of marketers and publicists who will support you on your journey. And, as we have our own bookshop and consumer magazines, you can learn about all aspects of publishing from commissioning to hand-selling to readers.