Assistant Commissioning Editor/Commissioning Editor, Law
-- Not set --
Posted on: Wednesday 08 November, 2017
Assistant Commissioning/Commissioning Editor, Law
This is an exciting opportunity to make a major contribution to Hart Publishing, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing.
Based in Oxford, Hart Publishing publishes prize winning legal titles for the academic, student and practitioner market. We are seeking an experienced academic commissioning editor or enthusiastic law graduate/publishing professional looking to take the next step in their publishing career. The role will include travel both within the United Kingdom and overseas.
• Commissioning: research, commission and develop new print and digital projects for academic and student markets
• List Management: manage authors/editors to ensure timely delivery of manuscripts
• Teamwork: working closely with marketing, sales, production and digital teams
• Monitoring and Reviewing: monitor sales figures, review the performance of the list
• Representation: conferences, university visits, sales conferences, evening book launches
Skills, knowledge, experience
• Strong legal subject knowledge/demonstrable interest in the field
• Proactive, confident self-starter
• Enthusiastic team player
• Creative approach to list management and commissioning
• Enthusiastic about digital publishing
• Good analytic and financial skills
• Ability to communicate clearly/effectively in writing and verbally
• Meticulous, efficient, with good time management
• Strong problem-solving and organisational skills
This role is a full-time permanent position, based at Bloomsbury Publishing's Oxford offices.
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements for this role and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note in the subject line: ‘Assistant Commissioning/Commissioning Editor, Law BM2011.'
Interviews will take place in Oxford in late November/early December.