Editorial Assistant/ Assistant Editor (Books)
£20,000 - £30,000
Posted on: Wednesday 04 April, 2018
Are you interested in learning about academic publishing from the inside?
Can you juggle multiple tasks and work efficiently to get the job done?
Are you a confident communicator who can respond quickly and effectively to author queries?
The role will provide support to a Publisher and Senior Commissioning Editor on our exciting and growing Business and Management books lists. The candidate will work closely with authors as a main point of contact as they write, and they will also work closely with colleagues across different departments within SAGE.
Key tasks include:
• Communicating with authors who are writing for SAGE and keeping them to deadlines;
• Overseeing peer review of book proposals and draft chapters;
• Preparing manuscripts for handover to the production team;
• Attending regular author and cross-departmental meetings;
• Sending out and chasing in contracts;
• Maintaining accurate information on our database about books and authors under contract;
• Providing information for, and answering queries from, external authors and colleagues within Editorial and other departments;
• Keeping the Publisher and Senior Commissioning Editor informed of progress on contracted projects.
The candidate should be:
• A well-organised, proactive person, who constantly looks for the best ways to get the job done;
• Interested in learning about academic publishing;
• A confident communicator both in person and via email;
• Proficient at using standard IT packages (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook);
•A graduate in any subject.
To apply please fill out an online application form* using the following link:
Please note that we will only consider applications for editorial positions which are submitted through the application form. CVs and cover letters will be discounted.